The course consists of 7 weekly lessons of 50 minutes each. I aim to teach the benefits of practicing mindfulness and arm the children with techniques that will help them to handle negative emotions better and give them tools that they can use throughout their lives.
Through games, breathing techniques and concentration exercises, combined with yoga, they’ll discover mindfulness skills in a playful manner and will learn to:
– Focus better and to be more attentive
– Observe without acting in response or making judgement
– Deal with stress triggered by sensory overload
– Recognize and acknowledge their feelings (such as fear, dejection, shame, annoyance, despondency, anger and sadness)
– Be kind to themselves and feel compassion and empathy for others
After each lesson, the children will receive a worksheet with exercises that they can do at home. I’ll be sending weekly updates to the parents by e-mail and explain what we’ve covered in the session.
This mindfulness training course was developed by Kate Janke, founder of The Heart-Mind Education Project, a mindfulness based consulting business lending support and resources to students and the adults in their lives. Kate Janke lives and works in the USA and was my coach and personal mentor at See True academy in Maastricht.
Who is the course aimed at?
This program is intended for all children ages 8-12 who:
– Would like to learn techniques to concentrate better
– Have difficulty sleeping
– Suffer from test induced stress (standardized testing, CITO-test)
– Would like to be able to express themselves better
– Suffer from anxiety
– Have little or no discernible problems, but who would benefit from fresh ways to acknowledge and look at their feelings to relax and unwind.
Additional options for parents
– A free of charge appointment may be scheduled for parents and their child to address any questions.
– Parents are given the opportunity to sit in on one of the mindfulness training sessions at a time specified by the teacher.
Wednesday 16.00 – 16.50
Waterloostraat 184A Rotterdam-Kralingen
From 4 up to 6 children age 8-12.
THE TOTAL COSTS OF A 7 WEEKLY SESSIONS OF 50 MINUTES EACH WILL BE 199 EUROS.
THIS INCLUDES WORKSHEETS & FOLDER